Sunday 17 January 2010

The Websites for teaching

As mentioned in my first post, most of my students come from underpriviledged families, their exposure to English is limited.
Online resources can provide me lots of authentic material for teaching. I use videos in youtube quite often.
To find suitable reading materials, the website of Hong Kong Standard www.thestandard.com.hk
the website of Reader's Digest: www.rd.com
The authentic materials find on the Net can also be served as stimulus. The video of chicken a la carte can be a starting point for discussion on poverty and polarization of society: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=993rZrfLBjg
I use the clipping as a talking point and design tasks around it. Hope to use in an integrative CALL way.
Last but not least, our students are asked to subscribe English Builder. I assign my students homework on it and allocate lessons in Language Lab.

No comments:

Post a Comment